- Transportation,And,Vehicle,Concept,-,Parking,Ticket,On,Car,Windscreen - Ahmad & Nolan

How to Contest a Traffic Ticket

How to Contest a Traffic Ticket

If you have received a traffic ticket, it is important that you do not neglect it. Traffic tickets can carry significant fines and points on your driver’s license, leading to increased insurance rates and other penalties. In some cases, you may be able to contest the traffic ticket. Our traffic crimes attorneys at Ahmad & Associates share how you can contest a traffic ticket and why you should have an experienced advocate by your side.

Penalties of a Traffic Ticket

Traffic tickets usually come with a court date or fine, which must be paid within a certain time period, often outlined on the ticket itself. If you are convicted of a traffic crime, you might face certain penalties.

These penalties include:

  • Points on your driver’s license,
  • License suspension, and
  • Increased insurance rates.

In some cases, you may be able to contest the traffic ticket.

Contesting a Traffic Ticket

To contest a traffic ticket, you will need to appear in court and present your case to the judge. You should dress professionally and if you have retained an attorney, have them accompany you to the hearing.

It is essential to have an attorney represent you in court, as they will be able to navigate the legal system and ensure that your rights are protected. If you are charged with a traffic crime, you should always consult with an attorney before paying the fine and accepting guilt. This can help you from making any mistakes that might harm your case.

You Don’t Just Need Representation. You Need Results.

If you have outstanding traffic tickets, our traffic crimes attorneys at Ahmad & Associates can help. We are experienced in advocating for our clients in the courtroom and helping them obtain a favorable outcome.

If you are facing serious penalties, an Ahmad & Associates attorney can help you contest the charges in court. Get started and schedule a free consultation by calling us at (414) 501-5999.