Milwaukee Sex Crimes Defense Attorneys
Schedule Your Free Initial Consultation in Milwaukee County Today
Being charged with a sex crime can be detrimental. The accusations alone can ruin your reputation or hurt your relationships. If you’re found guilty of the alleged offense, you could face prison time and fines. Additionally, certain sex crimes convictions can result in a requirement to register as a sex offender.
The consequences are long-lasting and could make it difficult for you to live your life as you once did. Because the stakes are so high in these types of matters, it’s crucial to obtain legal representation right away.
With an attorney by your side, you can effectively navigate the complexities of the criminal justice system. You will also have an advocate in your corner, providing solid advice every step of the way. If you need aggressive defense for your sex crime case, reach out to Ahmad & Nolan Defense. As soon as you retain our Milwaukee attorneys, we’ll begin reviewing your case and working on developing an innovative legal strategy for your unique circumstances. We understand how stressful and frightening it can be to face criminal charges, which is why we provide compassionate legal services without judgment.
We’re ready to listen to your side of the story. Call us at (414) 501-5999.
Milwaukee WI Sex Crimes Cases We Handle
When the State prosecutes a sex crime case, it does so to the fullest extent of the law. The prosecutor will be working hard to show that the evidence proves beyond a reasonable doubt that the accused is guilty. This is why it’s important to have legal representation on your side, working just as hard, if not harder for you. When you choose our firm for high-quality legal service, you’ll get team of attorneys fighting to protect your rights and reveal weaknesses in the case made against you.
Our Milwaukee lawyers provide aggressive defense for various sex crimes charges, including but not limited to:
- Lewd and lascivious behavior: Having sex with another person in public and knowing that others may be around to view it or knowingly exposing one’s genitals in public is illegal. A person who violates this law can be charged with a Class A misdemeanor.
- Pandering: Requesting sex from a prostitute, whether for one’s own sexual gratification or the gratification of another, is a Class A misdemeanor.
- Possession of child pornography: Knowingly having images depicting minors engaged in sexually explicit conduct is unlawful. This offense is charged as a Class D felony.
- Sexual assault: This offense occurs when a person has non-consensual sex with another individual. There are three degrees of sexual assault, and each is charged as a felony, which means a conviction carries with it severe penalties.
- Sexual assault with a child: If an individual has sexual intercourse with a minor, whether consensual or not, they could be charged with this offense. Depending on the age of the child and the facts of the case, the crime can be charged as a Class A, B, or C felony.
Sex Offender Registration Requirement
If you’re convicted of a certain sex crime, you may be required to register as a sex offender. You would have to give your personal identifying information to a local law enforcement agency periodically. Some of that information might be accessed by the public, including potential employers and landlords. This can make it difficult for you to find a job or a place to live.
Why Do You Need a Sex Crime Defense Lawyer?
The prosecution of a sex crime is a difficult process for everyone involved, and defendants can often feel overwhelmed when facing the full force of the law. A professional attorney understands that justice operates differently because of the sensitive nature of this type of crime. Innocence until proven guilty is all that matters right now. Your case may be viewed with skepticism by everyone around you due to the difficulty of navigating the court system. An experienced law firm is able to provide you with valuable resources to represent your position, and it is in your best interest to retain their services. If you are convicted, there will be a lifetime of consequences. The truth needs to be heard, and you deserve your day in Milwaukee County court.
Speak with Our Firm Today
Trying to handle your sex crime case on your own could be challenging, and one mistake made at any point in the process can adversely affect the outcome. Allow our Milwaukee attorneys to provide the experienced and aggressive defense you need to fight your charges.