Milwaukee Federal Crimes Lawyers
Serious Charges Require Serious Defense
Federal crimes are those that cross state lines or are committed on U.S. government property. The offenses are investigated by well-known agencies, such as the FBI and DEA. Agents spend months or sometimes years looking into alleged offenses. This means that by the time you are charged, the agency has already spent a significant amount of time collecting evidence and building their case. That’s why it’s crucial to get a Milwaukee federal criminal attorney on your side right away. Having skilled legal representation from the moment you learn about the accusations can help level the playing field.
At Ahmad & Nolan Defense, our Milwaukee federal crimes lawyers are ready to stand up for you. We have handled numerous cases and don’t back down from a challenge, regardless of how complex the matter is or how formidable the opponent seems. We are aggressive in our defense yet compassionate as we guide our clients through their cases. When you turn to us, you can rest assured knowing that we will focus on your best interests and needs and do everything in our legal power to work toward a favorable outcome on your behalf.
Our lawyers will work as a team to defend you. Schedule a free consultation by calling us at (414) 501-5999 today.
Representation for a Variety of Federal Crimes
The U.S. government has various statutes concerning prohibited behavior. If a person violates a law, they will be harshly prosecuted and could face steep penalties, which are often harsher than those imposed for state crimes. Our lawyers work relentlessly to help the accused seek to avoid or minimize potential punishments.
We provide effective defense for all types of federal crimes, including, but not limited to:
- Bank Fraud: An offense occurs when a person knowingly uses deception to obtain something of value under the control of a bank, credit union, or other financial institution insured by the Federal Deposit Insurance company (FDIC). It can be penalized by up to 30 years in prison and/or a fine of up to $1,000,000.
- Child pornography: Anyone who makes a child engage in sexually explicit conduct to create a visual depiction of it, or who transports, receives, or possesses such material may be charged with a federal crime. The punishments for an offense include imprisonment and a fine. The length of the prsion sentence and the amount of fine depend on the type of act the person was convicted for.
- Drug trafficking: It’s illegal for anyone to make, distribute, or dispense a controlled substance. The conviction penalties vary depending on the type and amount of drug involved.
- Healthcare fraud: A person may be accused of this offense if they knowingly use false pretenses or engage in a scheme designed to defraud a healthcare benefit program. The conviction penalties depend on the facts of the case but can include up to life imprisonment.
- Money laundering: This type of scheme involves transferring illegally obtained money through different channels to make it appear legitimate. A conviction could result in up to 20 years in prison and/or a fine of up to $500,000.
- RICO Crimes: It’s unlawful for a person to engage in a pattern of racketeering as part of an enterprise. The federal law identifies 35 different acts considered RICO offenses, such as murder, kidnapping, and robbery. The conviction penalties may include up to 20 years’ imprisonment (or life if that’s the maximum term for the underlying offense).
- Tax evasion: If a person willfully fails to pay their taxes, they may be charged with this offense. If they’re convicted, they could face up to 5 years in prison and/or a fine of up to $100,000.
Federal Criminal Attorney
At Ahmad & Nolan Defense, we provide legal representation with honesty and integrity. When you choose us, we’ll maintain open communication and will provide straightforward answers to your questions and concerns. Our Milwaukee federal criminal attorney will deliver sound legal guidance every step of the way.